Single lever engine control used as standard equipment on boats equipped with the latest square Edson Vision Series pedestals.
This is also an excellent choice to retrofit a boat originally equipped with the side mount Morse dual lever control. See the photo below under "Additional images" for reference. The old control has not been available for years and parts are no longer available for it. Boats that are likely candidates are any Catalina 25, Capri 26, Catalina 27, or Catalina 30 that did not have their engine controls mounted at the pedestal.
• Stainless steel handle and face plate
• Sized for standard 33 series diesel engine control cables (if you have a gas engine, see our part Z2595)
• Includes neutral lock-out mechanism to allow increased engine RPM for battery charging
• Can mount on any vertical bulkhead
Boats that have the Vision Series Pedestals include:
• Catalina 309
• Catalina 315
• Catalina 350
• Catalina 355
• Catalina 387
• Catalina 400
• Catalina 42
• Catalina Morgan 440
• Catalina 445
• Mounting holes on a 2-3/4" square, center to center
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) This control will not work with the model 5411 engine. Unlike other engines that have a separate cable to facilitate engine shut-off, the 5411 requires the throttle lever be held farther aft than idle against a spring detent to kill the engine. Since a single lever control increases engine speed if moved either forward or aft from the neutral position, there is no way to kill the engine. You must use the #Z2595 control to facilitate engine stop by by use of the throttle.
This control will not work with an Atomic 4 engine. The A-4 transmission requires a larger control cable than this control will accommodate. You must use the #Z2595 which does accommodate the larger transmission cable and the substantial load required to engage the A-4 transmission.
5) When you order this special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time! C-315, C-355, C-445