Control line for the in-mast furling mains'l outhaul. This double braid line is white with a double blue markers to identify it as your outhaul line.
Sized for use on the following Catalinas:
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 310
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 350
• Catalina 36
• Catalina 380
• Catalina 387
• Catalina 400
• Catalina 42
• Catalina 440
• Diameter: 3/8"
• Length: 65'
• Construction: Double braid continuous strand line without mill splices (see "Technical Support" below for the full story)
• Fiber: Polyester cover, w/ Dyneema core
• Stretch: Extra low stretch
• Color: White with double blue tracers
The length of this item is based on the original specifications for the factory supplied furling mast from Charleston Spars. All of the spar kits for the Catalinas listed were supplied by Charleston Spars with the exact same line kit. However, your boom may have a different length outhaul since obviously a C-28 would need slightly less line than a C-34 for example. If you would like us to supply the exact length of your old line that you have measured, we are happy to do so. This original length guarantees that you will have enough without visiting your boat (barring other possible changes as detailed below).
We have encountered all of these reasons that will demand a different length outhaul:
• An earlier dismasting resulted in the rig being replaced by a different rig
• The boat was originally equipped with a non-furling mast and it was later replaced with a furling mast from a different spar builder
• The original metric outhaul track and car built by Lewmar was upgraded to a 1-1/4" track and car. This replacement track, in order to be shipped via UPS was likely somewhat shorter than the original track. If so, the car can't travel as far forward and therefore the outhaul may need to be longer than the original equipment line in order to reach the the new car position when the sail is fully furled.
We cut this line from a long length and can't splice it back together again. Your order cannot be canceled, returned or exchanged, but you may have a different use for it aboard if it is the wrong length for your boat's mains'l furling outhaul line.