Schaefer's Snapfurl combines many qualities that make it a popular choice for a robust furling system.
• With a single piece torque tube and drum of machined, anodized aluminum, this furler offers high strength and corrosion resistance
• The aluminum upper bearing swivel allows use of your boat's halyard
• When led aft, you can use your boat's halyard to tension the luff and shape the sail from the cockpit
• Stainless steel sail feeder makes it easy to hoist or change sails
• Open cage drum design makes it easy to clear a fowled line
• Bottom drum rotates on bearings which run in a stainless steel race for long life
• Two piece foil snaps together over the forestay making installation a breeze
• Plastic foil construction is strong yet flexible enough to be suitable for a trailerable boat
Our included gear kit eliminates the need to make five trips to the hardware store. We include everything you need for easy installation on your Catalina 25:
• New forestay
with masthead rigging toggle eliminates forestay fatigue
leads furling line aft to the cockpit
• Special fairlead at base of drum
• Furling line
• Stanchion mounted cleat
• Halyard restrainer at the masthead
• Only two holes to drill in the boat for the entire installation
1) The luff of your sail may need to be modified to be compatible with the furler. You can take your sail to your local sail loft or Catalina Direct can arrange for the conversion. See "May we also suggest" below for prices of luff conversion.
2) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!