Top portion to a Catalina 28 split backstay for standard and tall rigs. This backstay is made with a fork at the lower end to connect to the backstay plate as opposed to a turnbuckle.
We start with corrosion resistant type 316 stainless steel wire. We include a user installed style fitting for the top fitting, saving you the trouble of having to send in your old rigging to achieve a perfect fit.
• Top Connection: 1/2" Inside diameter user installed marine eye
• Lower connection: 3/8" Inside diameter aircraft fork
• Wire: 1/4" 1x19 Type 316 stainless steel
• 1st generation (A): Hulls to #99, OEM mast with single swept aft spreaders, single (only aft) lower shrouds (most boats were retrofitted with...
• 2nd generation (B): Retrofitted early boats and all boats #100 through 368, single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds
• 3rd generation (C): Hulls #229 through #288, new shorter 35' mast with single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds is now know as "standard rig"
• 4th generation (D): Hulls #248 and up, tall rigs w/ 39' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 5th generation (E): Hulls #289, standard rigs w/ 35' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 6th generation (F): 2004, new in mast furling rigs offered for the standard rig ~35' long masts, double in line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
This stay is made to order just for you. When you order it we cut the wire from a long reel and swage on the fitting. We can't splice it back onto the reel or remove the fitting we swaged on for you. Once you order it your order cannot be canceled, modified, returned, or exchanged, so please choose carefully!