Stainless steel construction with an anodized aluminum sheave. This custom made block is used on the Catalina 320, Catalina 34 and Catalina 36 in that the upside down shackle is just the right to fit over the stud provided in the mast collar. It attaches using the included clevis pin.
A 2-5/8" diameter open design sheave created a large diameter bearing race for the maximum number of ball bearing and minimum friction. Suitable for Halyard line 1/2" diameter. Torlon bearing used in this block provide a 2,800 pound working load.
• Halyard lift block on the Catalina 320
• Halyard lift block on the Catalina 34
• Halyard lift block on the Catalina 36
To prevent the line from twisting or binding when used in a cascade or mainsheet system this block is supplied with a feature to lock the rotation of the shackle that is on top of the body of the block. With the use of an Allen wrench, tighten the set screw to lock the shackle in position. When used as a swiveling block, ensure the set screw is not tightened and the swiveling shackle can self-align to find the fairest lead.
• Sheave diameter: 2-5/8"
• Maximum line size: 1/2"
• Mast collar pin diameter: 5/8"
• Bearings: Torlon
• Safe working Load: 2800 pounds
• Shackle pin diameter: 1/4"
• Shackle width, inside: ~11/16"
• Shackle depth, clearance between pin and bolt head: ~9/16"