The Coastline hatch pictured above was used beginning in the mid 90's on the Catalina 36 and Catalina 42. In 1999 Lewmar discontinued the Coastline hatch series in favor of the Low Profile hatch series. The later Low Profile hatches are a direct replacement for the earlier Coastline hatches which are no longer available.
Differences between Coastline and Low Profile hatches
• Height off the deck changed from 21mm (Coastline) to 25mm (Low Profile)
• The Coastline lid frame has a somewhat angular profile while the Low Profile is slightly more rounded
• Catalina 36 (2 ea)The Catalina 36 used two of these hatches, one above the galley and another placed symmetrically opposite it, inside of the aft cabin.
• Catalina 42 (2 ea)
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Overall: 272mm x 417mm (about 10-11/16" x 16-7/16")
• Cut out in the deck: 202mm x 347mm (about 7-15/16" x 13-11/16")
• Cutout radius: 42.5mm (about 1-11/16")
• Height off of deck: 25mm (about 1")
• Lens thickness: 8mm (about 5/16")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
This currently available Low Profile hatch eliminated the friction lever used on earlier Coastline hatches in favor of friction hinges. On smaller hatches such as these, friction hinges incorporate the friction device within the hinge itself, eliminating the need of the separate Friction Lever. Note in "More images" below that the rise of the deck flange where the gasket seals against the flange is positioned at the inboard edge of the deck flange. Compare to the Coastline flange and you will see it is a defining characteristic. Lewmar eliminated the Coastline version of their hatches in 1999 in favor of the Low Profile design. The Coastline hatch is no longer available but the same size Low Profile hatch can be retrofitted for the same size Coastline hatch in earlier boats.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time! Lewmar Size 20 Low Profile