Chrome finish. Two Speed. Used for primary sheet winches on the Catalina 27, Catalina 270, and Catalina 28. Also used as cabin top mounted winches on the Catalina 34, Catalina 320, and Catalina 36 for mainsheet and halyards.
For those unfamiliar with self tailing winches, they are excellent for short handed or single handed sailing. The self tailing mechanism on the top of the winch holds the line for you, yet when you crank the handle the sheet
is hauled in without the line stacking up on the winch. This allows one person to handle both the helm and the jib sheet
• Gear ratios: 2.1:1; 4.2:1
• Power ratios: 13.8:1; 29.2:1
• Drum diameter: 74mm (~2-15/16")
• Base diameter: 138mm (~5-7/16")
• Height: 160.5mm (~6-5/16")
• Line size: 8mm to 12mm (~5/16" to 1/2")
• Fasteners: (5) 6mm (~1/4") flat head on 113mm (~4-15/32") circle
1) These winches are non stock items and will be special ordered for you. Please choose carefully! This is a special order item and may not be canceled, returned or exchanged after your order is submitted.
2) There will be a 50% non-refundable deposit charged to your card upon placing an order for this item. The balance will be charged when the item ships to you.
3) This item does not conform to our standard shipping price policy due to its weight. Please call for a shipping estimate.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!