Includes everything you need to reseal those leaky windows on your Catalina 25 or Catalina 27 equipped with aluminum frames.
• 38 feet of extruded "U" shaped vinyl glazing channel fits between the the original 3/16" thick glazing and the aluminum frame
• 38 feet of extruded vinyl window molding for the frame inside the boat
• A UV inhibitor is mixed into the plastic before extruding for longer life.
• A 10.5 oz. cartridge of gray of silicone sealant used to seal the glass to the frame
• This silicone is a special high strength industrial sealant developed to install glass curtain walls in high-rise buildings
• A cartridge of white polyurethane sealant used to bed the frame to the boat.
• Masking tape for use on every surface where you don't want sealant when the job is done
• Installation instructions
Kit reseals all of the trapezoidal fixed windows on all Catalina 25s and Catalina 27s with aluminum framed windows.
1) Will not fit Catalina 27s with hull numbers in the following ranges: 1421-1450, 2465-2549, 3101-3150, 3950-3999, 4701-4725, 5042-5051, and 5140-5149. These boats were not built in California and used a different port. There may be other ranges as well that we have not discovered yet.
2) Once every couple of years a customer reports that their window frame has only one seam. This makes refurbishing the windows more challenging as it is more difficult to to get the glazing in and out of the frame. We suspect that, on occasion, Catalina's primary window vendor was not able to keep up with demand and Catalina was forced to purchase a few windows from a secondary vendor. Some of these owners report success after soliciting additional hands to assist. Others give up and take it to their local boat yard. Only you can assess your ability to complete the project successfully.
3) Some Pearson owners report their boats use the same aluminum extrusion for their windows. They report success repairing their windows with our kits. However, we do not have extensive knowledge of Pearson's production. We cannot guarantee our kits will fit your frames. See the additional picture below for more information. All sales are final to non Catalina owners!
4) A small percentage of Catalina 27 owners report that there is not enough sealant included in our kit. We suspect that in these instances, the boats in question have 6 fixed ports with NO opening ports. It might be wise to order one extra cartridge of each sealant if your boat is not equipped with any opening ports in the forward (head) compartment. There is no need to order additional vinyl extrusion.