Secure That Table!
Ever lean against the corner of your table and have it collapse under your weight? Secure the table and eliminate the problem. By holding down the corner of the table which is diagonal to the load, the table is much more secure.
Our latches have unique features that make them particularly suitable for this application:
• A smooth low-profile design, the molded latch body conceals the mechanism and mounting hardware
• Internal lever provides over-center action for mechanical advantage in closing, plus protection against accidental opening
• The body is molded from a soft thermoplastic elastomer which gives this latch the ability to apply constant tension which eliminates rattling while motoring
Our kit includes two latch sets and all necessary stainless steel mounting hardware. Fasteners are included so you may choose to mount the keepers to the table either with screws or through bolts. Will work on any dinette style table on a Catalina 22, Catalina 25, Catalina 27, or Catalina 30. Also used to secure engine covers and miscellaneous fiberglass hatches on larger boats.
1) Traditional style interiors are those where the table folds and stows against the main bulkhead when not in use.
2) Only on some traditional style Catalina 25 and Catalina 27 interiors a chock is utilized near the bottom of the bulkhead to secure the table in its stowed position. In order to stow the table after installing the keepers, there must be sufficient space on either side of the chock for the keeper to reside when the table is stowed. In some cases, the chock is so wide that no room is available near the outside edge of the table for the keeper to reside and not interfere with the chock. In these cases, it may be necessary to shorten the chock in order to stow the table without interference between the keeper and the chock.
3) These latches are used in addition to, not in place of, the brackets already installed on your table.