48" is the nominal length of the track. When trimmed to accommodate mounting holes track length ends up 47".
We created this kit to add inboard genoa tracks on a Catalina 22. Others, including Capri 22 owners have utilized this kit as well.
Kit Includes all of the hardware you will need to install two 2' long inboard genoa tracks on your second generation Catalina 22. Inboard tracks make the boat point higher by providing a lead for your heads'l that is closer to the centerline of the boat.
For the fasteners that will be exposed inside the main cabin, we provide barrel nuts. A traditional installation uses a hex nut plus an acorn nut creating a substantial and dangerous protrusion below. Barrel nuts minimize the danger because the threads are inside the thickness of the deck with only a minimal protrusion below. A few extra fasteners are included in the kit allow you to mount the track forward or aft a bit to accommodate the clew height of your sails.
1) This track is produced in 4' lengths. The kit includes one 4' length which you cut in half and trim to your desired length before installation.
2) If mounted on a second generation Catalina 22 you must provide a small plastic shim between the track and the deck if you want to span the short step in the deck toward the front of the track.
3) To obtain the closest match possible, the T track included with our kit is the oem track used by Catalina Yachts. Unfortunately, Catalina didn't provide end stops, therefore there are no OEM end stops that exactly match the OEM track. Although there are various track manufacturers, there is only one source for the molded plastic end stop. Various tracks, even of the same size, are produced with risers of differing dimensions. This does not affect the functionality of any of the tracks, but it does mean that you will need to modify slightly (or simply trim off entirely) the little plastic tabs on the end stops that slip under the end of the track.
4) We include two end stops so that one end of the track is left open to facilitate removal of the cars for storage. If you want end stops on both ends of the track, order two more of our #Z3796 End Stops under May we also suggest" below.
5) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.