Upper shroud set for the Catalina 28. This shroud set uses 1/4" diameter wire. As their are multiple versions of rigging for this, verify the wire diameter of your rigging to ensure you are ordering the correct part. There were versions of this boat rigged with 3/16" wire as well!
We start with corrosion resistant type 316 stainless steel wire. Roll swaged fittings are used both top and bottom. A new open design turnbuckle body can be securely pinned to prevent the turnbuckle from unscrewing.
We include a user installed compression style stud for the bottom of each wire so you can trim the wires to length, saving you the trouble of having to send in your old rigging to achieve a perfect fit. The upper fitting is a roll swaged fork.
There are fewer parts that can fail and fewer parts to snag sails and sheets
. We replace your old turnbuckle toggle with a forged T-bolt design which cannot accidentally unscrew from the bottom slug like earlier designs. Turnbuckle clevis pins and new cotter pins are provided.
• 1st generation (A): Hulls to #99, OEM mast with single swept aft spreaders, single (only aft) lower shrouds (most boats were retrofitted with...
• 2nd generation (B): Retrofitted early boats and all boats #100 through 368, single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds
• 3rd generation (C): Hulls #229 through #288, new shorter 35' mast with single in-line spreaders with fore & aft lower shrouds is now know as "standard rig"
• 4th generation (D): Hulls #248 and up, tall rigs w/ 39' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 5th generation (E): Hulls #289, standard rigs w/ 35' mast supplied with double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
• 6th generation (F): 2004, new in mast furling rigs offered for the standard rig ~35' long masts, double in-line spreaders, intermediate shrouds, and fore & aft lower shrouds
These shrouds are made to order just for you. When you order it we cut the wire from a long reel and swage on the fitting. We can't splice it back onto the reel or remove the fitting we swaged on for you. Once you order it your order cannot be canceled, modified, returned, or exchanged, so please choose carefully!