Upper shroud set for Catalina 320 with non-furling or furling masts.
We start with corrosion resistant type 316 stainless steel wire. A roll swaged fitting is used on the upper lower fittings. A new open design turnbuckle body made from bronze and plated with chrome prevents the galling common to products made from all stainless steel. This design can be securely pinned to prevent the turnbuckle from unscrewing.
• Top connection: Stem ball (possibly with cup washer)
• Turnbuckle: 1/2" Open body
• Wire: 5/16" 1x19 Type 316 stainless steel
1) All Catalina 320’s used stem balls at the top of most of their rigging. Unfortunately, the existing records, even from the spar manufacturer, are often not complete to a level of detail that informs us of the presence or absence of a stem ball cup washer at the top of each individual shroud or stay. Make sure that you include the cup washer with your old rigging if your original shroud or stay used one. Caution! The cup washers are not captive. In a boat yard environment it is very easy for one of the staff to loose a cup washer while disassembling the rig. They might drop it on the ground or leave it stuck in the recess of the casting on the mast. Don’t make any assumptions regarding what was original equipment on the rig without empirical evidence. The presence of a cup washer must be taken into account when fabricating your replacement rigging.
2) This is an oversize item which does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800/959-SAIL for a shipping estimate.
3) As there are several different variations, you must send in your old rigging so that we can match your boat's requirements.
4) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!