This 19-3/8" X 19-3/8" (nominal size) medium profile hatch can be used on a variety of boats in various locations to provide extra ventilation.
This hatch is a direct and more robust replacement for Coastline hatches (which are no longer made) and Low Profile hatches that Catalina used. Because it is more robust, it is also a bit more expensive and was never used by Catalina Yachts.
The 1/2" thick lens makes this a stronger drop-in retrofit hatch for the earlier OEM Coastline and Low Profile hatches. Both of the earlier hatches were equipped with thinner lenses, 3/8" thick for the Coastline and 5/16" thick for the Low Profile. Recommended anywhere a hatch may be stepped on by the crew.
Known Usage of the Coastline or Low profile hatches for which this hatch is an upgrade:
• (1) each: Catalina 310
• (2) each: Catalina 320, Catalina 34, Catalina 350, and Catalina 36
• (3) each: Catalina 42 2 Cabin models
• (4) each: Catalina 42 3 Cabin models
• (2) each: Catalina 470
There may be other instances where the 19-5/16" x 19-5/16" hatches were used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
• Overall dimension (outside of lid): 492mm x 492mm (~19-3/8" X 19-3/8")
• Cutout in the deck: 421mm x 421mm (~16-9/16" X 16-9/16")
• Lens thickness: 12mm (~1/2")
• Height off the deck: 32mm (~1-1/4")
Please note that these hatches are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) Although the dimensions are very similar, you may want to remove your existing hatch prior to ordering if you are upgrading from a Coastline or Low Profile hatch to check the existing cutout in the deck. If the cutout for the original hatch was made oversized, it might make more sense to go up to a larger, 20-3/16" x 20-3/16", replacement hatch listed in "May we also suggest." Lewmar Size 40 Medium Profile