Bomar series 100 cast aluminum hatch. This hatch measures 10" x 10". It is available in clear anodized aluminum (silver), white, or black frame. This is priced for the clear anodized aluminum (silver) frame.
It is not hard to notice the ridiculously high price of this cast hatch. It isn't too surprising since the vast majority of hatches are now fabricated from much more cost effective aluminum extrusion. This leaves the cast version as a rarely produced, built on demand, outlier. See "More Info" for other options.
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 36
• Catalina 42
There may be other instances where this hatch is used. It is also possible that not every boat described above used this hatch. Please use the dimensions above and the photos below to verify which hatch is actually installed on your boat.
When a new hatch is required, we suggest you consider replacing the cast hatches with our more reasonably priced 13" x13" K1797 hatch shown below under "May we also suggest". Compare dimensions. You will notice the hole in the deck required to mount the K1797 is only 1/4" larger overall. Depending how much oversize the hole in your deck is already, you may have to make yours about 1/8" larger per side. Notice also the corner radius of the cast hatch is only 3/4", the extruded is 1-11/16". This should leave the extruded hatch flange covering the more "pointed" corner in the deck by a minimum of over 1/2" at the apex of the curve.
• Outside of deck flange: 12-3/8" x 12-3/8" (about 305mm x 305mm)
• Outside of lid: 12-3/8" x 12-3/8" (about 305mm x 305mm)
• Cut out in the deck: 10" x 10" (about 253mm x 253mm)
• Cutout radius: 3/4" (about 19mm)
• Height off of deck: 2" (about 51mm)
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) When you order a special order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time! Bomar 130