Famed American naval architect Nathanael Herreshoff was responsible for the design of a series of successful America’s Cup yachts that were undefeated between 1893 and 1920. He also designed the best mooring cleat to this day.
Herreshoff cleats feature:
• Four widely spaced fastener holes for secure mounting
• A large opening that an eye splice can easily be inserted through for quick deployment
• Long ears for securing lines that are relatively large for the cleat
• An elegant design that is still beautiful after more than 100 years
• Cast from type 316 stainless steel for strength and corrosion resistance
• Highly polished finish for both beauty and even better resistance to rust and corrosion
• Countersunk fastener holes to avoid chafing the mooring line
These cleats were used on late model Capri 18, Capri 22, Catalina 22, Catalina 250, and all Catalina 22 Sports.
• Length: 6"
• Mounting hole spacing, center to center: 2-1/4" fore and aft, 1-1/8" port
1) We do not have a record of every Catalina model that used this size cleat. There are certainly other models that use this 12" mooring cleats. Compare the mounting hole pattern before ordering to ensure a proper fit.