Use our spinnaker sleeve and it will be easy to douse your expensive and sometimes unruly spinnaker. And the sail can be hoisted again just as easily without the hassle of repacking the sail.
The Spinnaker Sleeve is made from a mesh fabric so your spinnaker will not mildew. It is equipped with an oval hoop made of Kevlar and fiberglass for light weight and durability.
• Single hand any spinnaker, cruising spinnaker, reacher, gennaker, screecher.
• High-tech, ultra-light Kevlar Hoop matches shape of the spinnaker and will not warp under load.
• Single control line led through separate sleeve eliminates fouling.
• Contrasting visual reference stripe.
• Wire pennant with swivel at head of spinnaker prevents sleeve from affecting sail shape by allowing the sleeve to accumulate on the pennant.
• Mesh construction allows sail to breathe, so that sails dry quicker, even while stored
• Your doused spinnaker and spinnaker sleeve will store into a spinnaker turtle or spinnaker box bag.
Just determine the number of feet of sleeve you need and place that quantity in the Quantity field at checkout. Please note your leech length and desired sleeve length in the comments field at the bottom of the customer information entry form during checkout. The price quoted is the price per foot.
Here are a couple of suggestions to help determine the quantity to order: First, measure the length of the leech (the aft edge of the sail). Note that the leech on a cruising or asymmetrical spinnaker is a few feet shorter than the luff (the front edge of the sail).
Symmetrical Spinnaker Choice A) A sleeve equal in length to the length of the leech of the sail is what most owners order. The sleeve will cover most of the sail and yet leaves the clew of the sail accessible.
Symmetrical Spinnaker Choice B) If you would like a bit more coverage when the sail is stowed, add a foot to the leech dimension. Less of the sail will be exposed when stowed and if you want to find the clew of the sail where the sheets are attached, you'll have to reach up into the sleeve. We don't recommend ordering the sleeve this long as it is then sometimes difficult to reach up into the sleeve far enough to locate the sheets if the sail has been stowed for an extended period of time.
Asymmetrical Spinnaker Choice C) Add a foot to the spinnaker leech length for your sleeve length results in an accessible clew. Add more than a foot and the clew of the sail where the sheets are attached will be hard to reach.
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this custom made item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
3) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!