Catalina 30 mains'l offshore, standard rig by Ullman. Sail is sewn with two rows of strong tri-step stitching and includes, one reef point, luff slides, leech line, cunningham cringle,
sail insignia, battens, draft stripe, jack line, sail bag, tell tales and sail numbers.
A word regarding our sail cloth:
We do not use cheap, no name fabric. We use primarily Dimension - Polyant sailcloth. Dimension is a German company with production facilities in Germany and the US. On occasion, when cloth weight demands it, we may use cloth by Contender. With head offices in the Netherlands, Contender has locations in the US and worldwide. Both companies manufacture high quality, premium Dacron sailcloth.
Sail Type: Full Batten, Loose Foot
Cloth Weight: 7 oz
Draft Stripe: Yes
Leech & Foot Lines: Yes
Reef Reduction: 1st reef 25%, (optional) 2nd reef 46%
Rows of Tri-Step Stitching: 2
1) We will use your boat's sail number you designated in your online account information. If you would like to choose a different number, enter it in the comments field available during final checkout.
2) Due to the size and value of sails, shipping costs do not conform to our standard shipping policies. Call 800-959-7245 (800-959-SAIL) for a quote to ship your new sail from our loft in California.
3) The very early Catalina 30 used a different mast than subsequent boats. The early mast had a stainless steel mast track added to the spar after it was extruded. Later boats had an internal track extruded into the mast. Early masts also used welded spreader brackets with different spreaders than later boats. We have customers with hull numbers through at least #337 whose boats were built with this mast. Unfortunately there is no official record of the exact hull number when the mast changed so check your mast carefully. We need to know which sail track you have to fit the correct luff slides.
4) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this special order item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
5) This is a custom made sail. You provide the information and we build it for you, exactly how you ask. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!