Catalina Direct is the largest supplier of Catalina Yacht parts in the country. We specialize in parts, custom up-grades, and accessories. Worldwide delivery available.
Use our Genoa Sleeve over your furled genoa to protect it without the need of a built-in cover. Use a spare genoa or spinnaker halyard to hoist the sleeve and shield the sail from harmful UV light while at the mooring. After hoisting the sleeve and zipping it closed, a unique line system hugs the cover for added protection. As you can see in the photo, the lines snug around the cover and sail to prevent them from flogging in a breeze.
• By eliminating the need for a built-in sail cover, sail shape is improved for better performance.
• With less weight on the leech and foot, your genoa will fill much easier for more fun in light air.
• The lines keep the cover snug around the sail even in a strong breeze.
• Because the cover is snug around the sail, the cover and sail cannot flog themselves to destruction in a breeze. (OK, OK, if there is a serious storm predicted you should always remove your headsail to both protect the sail and reduce windage aloft during the storm).
• Easy to deploy, just hoist it as you hold the zipper fob to zip it in place. Next, gently tension the lines and secure them as provided near the bottom of the sleeve. In no time your sail is secure and you're on your way home!
• 34' and shorter sleeves have a 21" circumference.
• 35' and longer sleeves have a 26" circumference.
• Specify the number of feet of sleeve you need and place that quantity in the Quantity field at checkout.
• The price quoted is the price per foot for any length up to 50'.
• Catalina Direct's new Genoa Sleeve is fabricated from a wide selection of stock colors. Our 100% solution dyed 9 oz cloth weight fabric combines strength, abrasion resistance, dimensional stability, and UV resistance. This fabric is protected by a 8 year limited factory warranty.
• See "Read More" below for the color options chart. Please note your desired color and color number in the comments field at the bottom of the customer information entry form during checkout.
1) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this custom made item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
2) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!