• 0-4000 rpm range
• Includes engine hour meter
• Automotive type "light piping" eliminates the "halo" effect around the edge of the dial that reduces readability
• Fog resistant design reduces fogging without the expense of a gas filled instrument at over $200.00 each.
• Scratch resistant domed glass lens.
• For early original equipment Yanmar equipped Catalinas with magnetic flywheel sensor
• If your Yanmar installation is the result of a re-power, check if it uses a magnetic or alternator sensor
• Factory calibrated (to within about 50 RPM) for Yanmar 4JH, (with 127 tooth flywheel).
• For Yanmar models 2GM, 3GM (with a 97 tooth flywheel) the range selector must be set to the 90-120T tooth setting and will be reasonably close to correct
• For Yanmar 3JH (with 114 tooth flywheel) the the range selector must be changed to the 90-120T tooth setting and will be reasonably close to correct.
• Nominal size: 3" diameter
• Bezel diameter: 3-3/4"
• Cutout: 3.4".
Used on the following boat/engine combinations:
• Catalina 270, Catalina 28, Catalina 30 (2GM20)
• Catalina 30, Catalina 320 (3GM30)
• Catalina 34, Catalina 36, Capri 37 (3GM30)
• Catalina 34, Catalina 36 (3JH2)
• Catalina 380, Catalina 387, Catalina 390 (3JH3)
• Catalina 42 (4JH2, 4JH3)
• Catalina 400, Catalina 440 (4JH3)
• Catalina 470 (4JH3TE)
• Morgan 381 (3JH3BE)
• Morgan 440 (4JH3BE)
• Morgan 440 (4JH3TE)
• Morgan 45 (4JH2E)
There may be other applications where this tachometer was used as well.
1) The calibration potentiometer is under the sticker at the back (see "More Images" below). It is a delicate electronic device mounted to the far side of the circuit board with three soldered on contacts. The adjustment is accessible through a small hole in the board. A watch maker can successfully adjust it without damaging it or pushing it off of the circuit board. Our experience indicates that mechanics are too ham-fisted and will break it every time. If approximately correct isn't accurate enough for your needs, you can attempt to adjust it using a jeweler's flat blade screwdriver (not phillips head). But once you remove the sticker over the calibration screw, the warranty is void and the tachometer cannot be returned.
2) Each tachometer is bench tested before it leaves. This leaves the indicator at a position other than zero. Once you install the tachometer, the indicator will return to zero when the engine is stopped with the kill lever before the ignition is switched off.