Replacement lens (or glazing) for "Std Hinge" Lewmar aluminum framed opening portlights built after June of 2000. The lenses in these portlights don't have a frame surrounding the lens itself. The ports secure closed with two dogs that push closed with your thumbs.
Although the dates these portlights were used by Catalina on each model were not recorded, we do know that Lewmar began producing the "New Standard" portlight in 1997. However, there are two different versions of the "New Standard" portlight. Ports that were manufactured by Lewmar between 1997 and June of 2000 require a special lens. Please call our tech support department if your boat uses the "New Standard" portlight and was built anytime near this date range.
You can identify which version of the hinge you have, Standard or Catalina Deep, by referring to the PDF below titled "Catalina Deep vs. Standard portlight hinges".
You can identify which version of the port you have by referring to the PDF below titled "Old Standard" vs. "New Standard" Lewmar Port Versions. Look at the catch assembly on the frame. If it is pressed on as illustrated in the top photos and you have the Catalina "Deep Hinge" then your lens is not replaceable. You will need to purchase a new port. If your catch assembly is held onto the frame by a screw (and therefore was built after June of 2000) as shown in the bottom photos, and the dimensions are correct, then use this replacement lens.
• (4 ea) Catalina 380 and Catalina 387
• (6 ea) Catalina 400 and Catalina 42
• (10 ea) Catalina 470
• Outside of mounting flange (measured on the outside of the boat): 425mm x 191mm (about (16-3/4" x 7-11/16")
• Cut out size: 405mm x 171mm (about 15-15/16" x 6-3/4")
• Height: 5-1/4"
• Length: 14-1/2"
• From the outside surface of the lens to center of the hinge axis: 29mm (about 1.14")
Please note that these ports are built in England and made to metric system standard dimensions. All Imperial equivalents are approximate.
There may be other uses we are not aware of. They were also not used every year the boat was produced.
1) There are two different hinge types used by Catalina Yachts on the "New Standard" port; the "Standard" hinge and the "Catalina Deep" hinge. Be Careful you are ordering the lens with the correct hinge to match your boat. This part number is for the replacement lens with the "Catalina Standard Hinge". See the PDF Catalina Deep vs. Standard portlight hinges - below under "Technical Support" for photos that will explain the difference between the two hinges.
2) Not all years years used Lewmar portlights and not all years used the "Deep Hinge" Lewmar design. The earliest boats used plastic framed portlights, often made by Beckson. Later, most portlights were Lewmar's "Old Standard" aluminum design although sometimes Bomar's aluminum portlights were used. Check the photos and dimensions carefully to ensure you are ordering the correct part. Lewmar Size 7RE