This original equipment replacement panel includes a tachometer with engine hour meter, voltmeter, water temperature gauge, and alarm plus low oil pressure alarm; warning lights for water temperature and oil pressure, ignition switch with momentary position for glow plugs, momentary start and stop buttons along with blower switch. It is supplied with either a fuel gauge or an oil pressure gauge.
White panel with black lettering.
Used on the Catalina 400 or Catalina 470 w/Yanmar engines until 2004 at which point the engine model changed requiring a tachometer with an alternator pick up as opposed to the magnetic flywheel pick up included with this panel. If your boat was built after 2004, see part M9086 below in "May we also suggest."
Note that this panel is equipped with the push button electric STOP, not the earlier manual "T" handle that one pulled to kill the engine.
• Height: 8"
• Width: 13"
• Tachometer: Magnetic flywheel sensor (Yanmar 4JH3)
• Specify Fuel or Oil Pressure Gauge in drop down menu above.
• Select White panel with black lettering (as shown above) or Black panel with white lettering in the drop down menu above.
1) There are dozens of different engine panels that have very subtle differences. For example, sometimes the difference is only 1/4" in overall dimensions or there may be a single change in the devices fitted to the panel. Always measure and compare both features and dimensions to your existing panel to ensure this item will meet your requirements before ordering.
2) We require a photo of your existing panel to be submitted with every order for a custom replacement faceplate.
3) This is a custom manufactured item, made for you only after you order it. When you place your order item it sets off a chain of events like Willie Wonka in the chocolate factory. Once you turn the valve the chocolate is coming down the pipe. If you then decide you want caramel, the chocolate is still going to come out of the pipe. We can't put the Chocolate back in the pipe, so someone is going to have to eat it, and it's not going to be us! Your order can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into caramel, so please order carefully the first time!
4) This item does not conform to our standard shipping policies. Please call 1-800-959-7245 for a shipping estimate.
5) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
6) A fine calibration potentiometer is under the sticker at the back (see "More Images" below). It is a delicate electronic device mounted to the far side of the circuit board with three soldered on contacts. The adjustment is accessible through a small hole in the board. A watch maker can successfully adjust it without damaging it or pushing it off of the circuit board. Our experience indicates that mechanics are too ham-fisted and will break it every time. If approximately correct isn't accurate enough for your needs, you can attempt to adjust it using a jeweler's flat blade screwdriver (not phillips head). But once you remove the sticker over the calibration screw, the warranty is void and the tachometer cannot be returned.
7) Each tachometer is bench tested before it leaves. This leaves the indicator at a position other than zero. Once you install the tachometer, the indicator will return to zero when the engine is stopped with the kill lever before the ignition is switched off.
8) Caution! Only use warm soapy water, no degreasers or harsh chemical cleaners, to clean the plastic panels.