Tapered gate stanchion w/vent on main leg for the Catalina 42 & Catalina 445. Catalina started using this gate stanchion around 2001. It is mounted flat on deck with 1/4" carriage bolts. Used on aft starboard side and on forward port side. The drawn base creates a much stronger connection to the tube as it allows for welds on both sides of the plate, at the top of the flage and the bottom of the tube. Base material is thicker 5/32" plate rather than the original 1/8".
• Tapered main stanchion
• Main stanchion and support stanchions are parallel
• Tank vent included
• Tubing diameter: 1"
• Overall height w/o base: 27-1/2"
• Center of support leg to center of primary leg: 9-1/2"
• Drawn base with tubing welded top and bottom for additional strength
• Stronger 5/32" thick base
You must confirm whether or not you boat's vents are in the same locations as the vents on these stanchions. Different vintages of boats and different interior layouts used vents in different locations. There are no records as to which stanchions were used on your hull number, so only you can verify that you are ordering the correct part.