This kit is installed to eliminate excess space between the keel and the original castings that may have been present when the boat was originally built. They are wider than the original castings used on earlier boats, i.e. they extend farther inboard. When installed the keel can no longer slide from side to side, eliminating the keel clunk and excess wear so common in early boats.
• (2) Bronze hanger castings.
• Pivot pin.
• (4) Hex head machine bolts.
• (4) Lock washers.
• Special LocTite which no longer requires a primer when both mating surfaces are stainless steel
• Fore & aft: 5-1/2"
• Port ot starboard: 1-7/8"
• Overall height: 2"
1) It is imperative that our keel centering spacer kit be installed in addition to eliminate the excess space between the keel and the trunk at the top of the keel. Installing either kit without the other can accelerate wear and add significant additional stress to the keel pivot assembly.
2) Read your Catalina Direct Owner's Handbook pages 4.55 and 4.56, and the article below under "Read More" for additional details and important installation tips.
3) Used as a replacement for lost or damaged castings on the Catalina 250.
When used on the Catalina 250 you may need to trim the length of the pivot pin.