Mast extrusion retrofit for the Capri 14.2. Retrofit section allows for transfer of most existing hardware. New and improved mashtead with sheaves included so machining for the oversized factory main halyard sheave is not required. A new mast step is supplied to be installed in lieu of the original mast step.
The kit also includes a through bolt with a nylock nut to be used in lieu of the sheet metal screws originally used in the lower hole of the shroud tangs
. This allows you to through bolt the tangs
when you transfer over your hardware, making for a much stronger installation.
• Mast extrusion with slot for sail slides and hole for tabernacle pin
• Masthead with sheaves
• Tabernacle pin
• Tabernacle mast step
• Mast slot is machined to accept the original OEM
sliding gooseneck and boom
• (4) #12 x 3/4" self tapping screws for mast step
• Epoxy repair kit for filling old mast step fastener holes
• Through bolt with nylock nut (improved, replacement fastener for lower fastener in shroud tangs)
• (3) Stainless steel pop rivets for installing masthead (1 extra is included in case one fails)
1) This item does not conform to the shipping table in the Shopping Cart. Additional shipping must be calculated. When you place your order we always call with a shipping quote before billing your card. For a quote in advance, just call 800/959-7245.
2) An additional packaging charge also applies to this item.
3) A 50% nonrefundable deposit will be billed when your order for this item is accepted. The balance will be billed when the product ships.
4) Most of the original mast hardware was installed with self tapping sheet metal screws when assembled at the factory. You can reuse these fasteners to transfer over your hardware. Some have reported that previous owners have replaced the self tapping screws with pop rivets. If that is the case, you will need to drill out the pop rivets and buy new fasteners for transferring over the hardware.
5) This is a custom made part. You provide the information we need to build this product for you. Once you order it we are going to build it just for you, just as you asked. We never want to see it again, and no one else wants it either. So be careful and order it correctly the first time because it can't be canceled, returned, or magically changed into something different!shro