This 3/4" raw water engine intake seacock with straight hose barb became standard equipment on many Catalinas towards the end of 1993. Upgrade your existing seacock to this straight barb version for easier clearing of debris from the intake. Remove the attached plug, fasten it to a lanyard, and plug the intake from the outside of the boat. After servicing the valve, use the lanyard to dislodge the plug and bring it aboard to be be stowed on the valve for next time. The straight hose barb assembly allows for easy clearing of the valve body. The flush style thru-hull reduces drag.
Molded Marelon offers superior strength and corrosion resistance. Marelon is lightweight, corrosion and electrolysis free, ideal for thru-hull valves. Marelon is a modern material formulation of polymer composite compounds that uses resins and additives to produce an extremely strong marine-grade product that will not deteriorate like traditional bronze marine plumbing parts. Ideal for above and below the waterline applications.
Known usage: (there many have been others):
• Catalina 310: (2) total, (1) shower sump, (1) galley sink drain
• Catalina 315: (3) total, (1) engine raw water intake, (1) galley sink drain, (1) macerator
• Catalina 320: TBA (2 total per valve kit)
• Catalina 34: Head sink drain
• Catalina 350: Head sink drain
• Catalina 355: (4) total, (1) engine raw water intake, (1) AC circulation pump, (1) head sink drain, (1) shower drain
• Catalina 375: Head sink drain
• Catalina 380: Head sink drain
• Catalina 385: (2) total, (1) head sink drain, (1) shower drain
• Catalina 387: Head sink drain
• Catalina 390: Head intake
• Catalina 400: (2) total, (1) fwd head sink drain, (1) aft head sink drain
• Catalina 440: TBA (2 listed per valve kit)
• Catalina 445: (3) total, (1) AC Circulation pump, (1) aft sink drain, (1) shower sump drain
• Catalina 470: Fwd head intake
• Valve configuration: 3/4" straight hose barb
• Height from base to top of handle when valve is open (maximum height not including wood mounting ring): 4-1/2"
• King nut diameter: 3-1/8"
• Thru-hull minor diameter: 1-9/32"
• Thru-hull major diameter: 1-23/32"
• Thru-hull outside diameter: 1-3/32"
• Thru-hull inside diameter: 5/8"
• Thru-hull length overall: 3"
• Thread type: Buttress
The thru-hull uses a buttress style thread with 45 degree angled threads for exceptional strength and are not compatible with any other valves. A buttress thread design with the same amount of clearance as for a conventional pipe thread will give the impression of greater looseness. However, when the joint is taken up tight, there is a greater area of surface between threads with the buttress thread form creating greater load capacity. Like any threaded pipe assembly thread compound or Teflon tape applied to the threads to seal is required.
1) If your through hull has a mushroom through hull and it needs to be replaced as well, order Thru Hull Mushroom for 1/2" or 3/4" Seacock listed below in "May we also suggest".
2) Each valve is factory assembled and pressure tested. We cannot be responsible for valves disassembled and modified or reassembled improperly.
3) The buttress thread on these seacocks is not compatible with and will not work with a traditional through hull thread type. The seacock and through hull fitting must be replaced in sets at the same time. 315, C-355, C-375, C-385, C-445