Kit includes the replacement gasket, glue and instructions for replacing the gasket on your extruded aluminum framed Bomar brand forward hatch. This trapezoidal shaped hatch was used on many models including:
• Catalina 22
• Capri 26
• Catalina 25
• Catalina 27
• Catalina 270
• Catalina 28
• Catalina 30
• Catalina 320
• Catalina 34
• Catalina 36
They were used from about 1986 through 1994, although the exact time period varied from one boat model to the next.
This particular gasket is also used on...
• Low profile hatches with 3/8" lens
• Hatches with external hinges
• Hatches with internal hinges that have 3/8" Acrylic Lenses
• This gasket was NOT used on cast aluminum hatches.
1) When your hatch was manufactured, the gasket was installed on the frame, sealant was tooled onto the gasket and frame, then the lens was dropped into the sealant. Finally, the sealant squeezing up into the gap at the top of the hatch between the frame and lens was tooled in place to create a nice, seamanlike look. When you replace the gasket without removing the lens, you must reinsert the "L" shaped portion of the new gasket into the void left in the old sealant when you removed the original gasket. Customers report varying success with this process. Some are completely successful, others report they had to remove the lens then reinstall the lens and gasket together to achieve success. If you install the new gasket without removing the lens, refrain from the use of metal tools in favor of plastic tools to push the new gasket into place to avoid damaging the anodized finish on the aluminum.
2) As you can see by clicking on and expanding the additional small images at the left, Bomar has changed the design of this gasket.
3) This gasket will not fit a Lewmar brand hatch.